Jharkhand Board JAC Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 6 Triangles Ex 6.1 Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
JAC Board Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 6 Triangles Exercise 6.1
Fill in the blanks using the correct word given in brackets:
- All circles are …………… (congruent, similar)
- All squares are ……….. (similar, congruent)
- All ……………. triangles are similar. (isosceles, equilateral)
- Two polygons of the same of sides are similar, if (a) their corresponding angles are …… and (b) their corresponding sides are ……….. (equal, proportional)
- equal, proportional
Give two different examples of pair of
1. similar figures.
2. non-similar figures.
1. Similar figures: Any two squares are similar. Any two equilateral triangles are similar. Any two circles are similar.
2. Non-similar figures: An equilateral triangle and an obtuse angled triangle are non- similar. An equilateral triangle and a right angled triangle are non-similar.
State whether the following quadrilaterals are similar or not:
No, because for any correspondence between their vertices, the corresponding sides are proportional but the corresponding angles are not equal.